At ThreadCare Pty Ltd ACN 621 310 790 (“ThreadCare”) we think privacy is important. We are committed to ensuring the privacy and protection of personal information from customers and business clients.
This Policy reflects both Australian privacy law and Threadcare’s policies in relation to the use and protection of personal information (which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you). Information relating to your rights under Australian privacy law can be found on The Australian Privacy Commissioners website at www.privacy.gov.au.
This Policy will be available for free access on our website at all times. Let us know if you would like a hard-copy of this Policy sent to you.
1. How is Information collected and what is collected?
Generally, Threadcare collects personal information from you when completing transactions, when you register to use any of Threadcare’s services or through your use of Threadcare’s services.
Threadcare only collects or holds your personal information if it is reasonably necessary and relevant to providing Threadcare’s services. This personal information may include:
- your full name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number, social media addresses);
- your date and place of birth;
- your marital status and, if applicable, your name prior to marriage;
- details of for family and friends;
- your email address;
- the Threadcare services you use and your satisfaction with them;
- the features of the Threadcare services you require;
- records of your correspondence with us;
- transaction details relating to your use of Threadcare’s services;
- information and details relating to your life history; and
- information relating to you held by your Aged Care Facility.Threadcare will not collect any or use any of your medical or financial information.
- Threadcare will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete.
From time to time, Threadcare may receive information relating to you that we have not requested and which is not otherwise described above (“Unsolicited Information”). If Threadcare does receive Unsolicited Information, we will check whether it is reasonably necessary for us to keep it. If it is, we will treat the Unsolicited Information in the same way as the other information described above. If Threadcare determines that it is not reasonably necessary for us to keep it, we will, as soon as practicable, destroy or de-identify the relevant Unsolicited Information.
2. How do we hold your personal information?
Threadcare may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identifiy your personal information once it is no longer needed, unless we are required by Australian law, or a court or tribunal order, to retain it.
3. How do we use and disclose your personal information?
The personal information collected by Threadcare is used to enable us to provide Threadcare’s services to you and to provide you with information about Threadcare’s, its related companies’ and business partners’ products and services from time to time. Without limiting the foregoing, we will use personal information as follows:
- to facilitate your use of Threadcare’s services including creating and maintaining a historical narrative of your life (including, researching and using information that has a historical context to major events in your life);
- to provide information to your Aged Care Facility with a view to enhancing the services it provides to you;
- to provide information to your family (including in relation to the aged care services you receive).Threadcare may need to disclose some personal information about you in certain circumstances to third parties who are not users of Threadcare’s services. For example, to service providers we engage to enable us to provide Threadcare’s services. We will require these organisations to agree to comply with this Policy and with strict conditions governing how personal information is to be handled.
- Threadcare will not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to or with third parties without your express permission or as set out in this Policy.
Threadcare will only disclose personal information in accordance with this Policy, if required to by law or as permitted under the Privacy Act. For example, if we are legally required to do so (such as pursuant to a court or tribunal order or under taxation laws), if there is a serious threat to an individual’s health or safety, there is reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, for the conduct of surveillance and intelligence gathering by an enforcement body, or to assist in locating a missing person.
Threadcare may use de-identify information from its services for its own marketing and promotional services.
4. Access to and changing your information
You have the right to seek access to information that Threadcare holds about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you, which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. You may access the information that Threadcare may have collected about you by placing your request in writing and sending it to us using the contact details below. Please include your phone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s license or passport with your request.
Threadcare’s policy is to consider any requests for access or correction within 28 days of receipt. If we are unable to correct your information, we will provide to you within a reasonable period a written notice setting out the reason, and the complaint mechanisms available to you.
Threadcare’s Privacy Officer
18 Bundaroo St
5. Making a complaint
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your personal information, please contact Threadcare’s Privacy Officer via the details listed above. You can also lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more details on how to do this, please visit www.privacy.gov.au.
6. Information security
Threadcare will ensure that it takes reasonable commercial steps to keep secure any information that we hold about you. Threadcare has security measures, proprietary data protection algorithms, in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
From time to time, we may also need to transfer your information overseas. For example, we may store your personal information in a cloud, or other type of networking electronic storage which is based in a jurisdiction outside Australia. If we do this, Threadcare will ensure reasonable steps are taken so that the overseas recipient does not breach the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), or the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to that information,or adheres to laws substantially similar to Australian privacy laws. Threadcare will also take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access and reduce the risk of disclosure to unknown entities.
7. Online Privacy Considerations
Other matters specific to Threadcare’s collection and use of personal information online are set out below.
ii. Social Media
Threadcare’s services may contain links to online forums such as Facebook and Twitter. Think carefully before you post or publish any personal information in these forums as it may be publicly available.
iii Secure Online Transactions
If you engage in a financial transaction through use of Threadcare’s services, we will process your credit card details securely over the Internet using an accredited internet payment security system. With the combination of SSL encryption on our website and a secure browser at your end, we take all reasonable measures to ensure that your credit card and personal information are protected when you purchase online. We also recommend that you take appropriate security precautions when accessing the Internet via public Wi-Fi networks or shared computers.
iv. Links to Other Websites
Sometimes Threadcare’s services will contain links to third party websites or services. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each third party website or services you visit because Threadcare is not responsible for privacy practices of those sites.
8. Our Terms & Conditions
Use of Thread.Care app and platform are governed by our Terms & Conditions. You can read them here: www.threadcare.com.au/terms/